Enjoy a fun day of affordable shopping & services, while helping the street cats of Athens
In the mood for some pre-summer pampering? Come along Sunday May 11 to our third annual Ladies’ Day at Etage Litteraire (1st floor above Stoa Cooperativa, Kolokotroni 59B, Athens) to get primped and preened in style, with all proceeds going straight into veterinary care and feeding of stray cats!
Thanks to the talented team who are donating their time and skills for our cause, the following services will be available from 12 noon till 6pm at Etage Litteraire – just show up on the day and book a slot, and for a mere 5-euro minimum donation, you can get a complete restyle, find a new direction in life, ease away your aches and pains, or get a glossy spring nail colour for the week ahead!
In addition, we are thrilled to offer the following workshops by experts in their field:
Eager to snap up a bargain? Thanks to our generous donors, our Chinese Auction offers an alluring array of prizes. With tickets priced at just 2 euros each, 7 tickets for 10 euros, or 15 tickets for 20 euros, who wouldn’t try their luck?
1. FREE place (worth 180 euros) at Stella Ralfini’s acclaimed, life-changing intensive weekend workshop “BORN AGAIN”. Either end-May or October 2014. For more details go to www.stellaralfini.com or check out Stella Ralfini on Facebook. *Stella Ralfini is a best-selling author, international life coach/workshop teacher.
2. Teeth cleaning and a whitening treatment with excellent dentist Maria Mesathakou Tel: 210 8980801 (Glyfada). Maria specialises in cosmetic dentistry at very affordable prices.
3. Basket containing 4 bottles superior quality Cabernet Sauvignon and jars of delicious capers and olives. Donated by Lefteris Levis – a kind-hearted supporter of Nine Lives.
4. Four signed books from author Stella Ralfini: 1) Omzak the Space Cat Warrior, 2) Award-winning Porridge The Two Faced Parrot, 3) Omtopia – (The seven steps to enlightenment). 4) Best-seller Three Faces of Sex.
5. Hair/beauty salon voucher worth 30 euros to spend at top stylist salon Giorgos Kardaras Tel 210 992 6601 Argyropoli. Whatever you decide to do, every member of staff is excellent so you’ll feel pampered.
6. Sony Playstation worth 100 euros. This will delight any child, so if you have one, try your luck in our super raffle. (Donated by Stella Ralfini)
7. Five lucky ticket-buyers can get the chance to win a free art class at Rosa Pappa-Vezyrtzi’s art studio in Vouliagmeni. Tel: 6932 099945.
8. Ten sets of luxury hair products kindly supplied by Kerastase, for beautiful, healthy hair that turns heads.
9. Two unique and colourful hand-painted decorative pillows by the artist Sofia Balanou (retail at 60 euros each).
10. A bottle of wine for two at WinePoint wine bar in Makriyianni, from a quality local winery, served with complementary nibbles.
11. Needing a gift for the person that has everything? Illustrator Elizabeth Early Kolliopoulos hand illustrated India ink fish on specially selected Agistrian rock.
12. Vanity set by Catseye London, including a cat-decorated manicure case, mirror and sunglasses case.
13. Places for three winning ticket-holders at the May 17 workshop “Ο ΠΟΛΥΦΩΝΙΚΟΣ ΜΟΥ ΕΑΥΤΟΣ”, led by dramatherapist Nana Boutou in Vouliagmeni. (The workshop is in Greek.)
The auction will be drawn at 17.30; winners will be contacted by phone if they have to leave before then. But we hope that the other treats on offer will tempt you to stay on all day!
Browse our fashion boutique area with designer goodies courtesy of www.starbags.gr and additional brand-new or lightly-loved fashion items, including an unworn Maxmara blouse with pleated back, silk scarves by Ferragamo and Longchamp, an unused Mulberry wallet, a Save the Queen sleeveless summer dress, a nearly-new piece by Greek designer Frida Karadima, and a red coral necklace and bracelet set.
And splurge on cat-themed handmade accessories and cat-toys, bag accessories, jewellery, T-shirts, hoodies, and notebooks featuring stray cats of Athens at our Nine Lives merchandise stall. Every cent you spend goes straight back into helping those very cats.
And finally, keep a space in your shopping bags to take home a slice or two of top-notch caterer La Chocolatiere’s acclaimed quiche and other delicious finger foods, to savour while admiring your purchases.